Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Some Basing Tests

I had a go at painting up two bases today. The first is for my Heresy Ultramarines, and is based on Sidney Roundwood's World War I basing scheme



I'm happy with this scheme. I plan to paint the helmet in the colours of the Sons of Horus, the legion of fellow Dark Pact member Craig, and then once that is done to get a bit of grime on the duckboard and helmet. Painting time was incredibly fast, and really easy. 

I also painted up a quick urban base for my Deathwatch Kill Team. These are made of cork for the most part, so the texture naturally drybrushes well. I used some photos of real world examples to guide my colouration and ended up with this.




I did the road marking with a little masking tape and some yellows. I think it is a little luminous, so I am going to try and tone it down a little, but other that that I am quite happy with it. Again, painted up in no time.

I would be curious to know what readers think, so please do comment. Once I have refined the method I will post a tutorial for those who would like to see a step-by-step guide.