Monday, 17 June 2013


Although the focus is currently on my 30k Ultramarines project, and my continuing slow build up to my 40k skirmish project, I have also started painting up my Dreadball teams. The refbot is now painted and I have completed my first uniform test for my Ork team. 

Not 100% happy with the orange, I might add a wash to lift out the change in tone a little more, but otherwise happy enough. The sculpts aren't the best admittedly, but they paint up relatively swiftly. Looking forward to having some painted teams to play with. I bought Dreadball via Kickstarter, and frankly, I have barely looked at the game since it came in the post. However, with the possibility of gameplay rearing its head, I figure now is the time to get it painted. Everyone on YouTube and the wargaming community in general says good things, so I'd like to see for myself. Here's a rear shot:

Friday, 14 June 2013

First Complete 30k Horus Heresy Ultramarine

I had a rare day off work on Friday, the first in several weeks in fact. So needless to say, with 13 hour days being the norm for almost a month it was nice to relax and get some painting done with the sun still up. 

Over the last few weeks I have been working on my first set of five Ultramarines for the Dark Pact Horus Heresy challenge that I and several friends have undertaken. Five Marines by July 10th. With the cost of Forgeworld being what it is I am keen to put as much effort into every figure as is reasonably possible. Below is my first completed Ultramarine in Mk IV armour. 

I opted for a slightly darker take on the Ultramarine look as I am not a fan of super bright power armoured smurfs. Additionally the gold has a worn look that I quite like. Overall the chap is quite subdued in terms of colour and not too bling. Again, not too happy with the lighting of the photograph, I think better lamps are in order. I might post a step-by-step painting guide if I find the time. 

Until next time. Carry on citizen.