Friday 7 February 2014

This Week in the Hobby 07/02/14

Another week has passed, and some hobby has occurred. I am still working on my Hobby Progress Challenge for 2014 and as of this evening I have completed four Tactical Marines. Now I only have three more Dark Vengeance bods to go, a chap with a plasma gun, one with a plasma cannon and a veteran sergeant. I hope to have these finished by the end of the weekend. Here are some pictures:



I am quite happy with how they have turned out, just some static grass and base edges to go now. For the HPC I need to get the squad up to ten, but I have already painted three marines who won't count towards the challenge, so I will have to find three more marines. Once I have some more disposable income I will get these along with the static grass I need. If I can these extra three done by the end of February, great, but certainly my March commitment will be Deathwing terminators. 

In other news, I am still working my way through the Warmachine rulebook, and painting my Menoth caster, who I hope to finish by the end of the weekend as well. I also began assembling my Khador warjacks. One observation is that the restic that they are cast out of is pretty naff to work with, not a massive fan. Mantic used the same type of plastic for some of their Kickstarter stuff, and it just isn't good enough.

On the reading front I am now well into Mechanicum and am enjoying exploring the Martian priesthood more thoroughly. I think that where Battle for the Abyss really expanded the naval element of the 30k/40k universe, and introduced the Saturnine fleet, which was really cool, Mechanicum does the same for its namesake, and already I see my Warmachine warjacks as Mechanicum knights.

Well, gentle readers, that is all for now. Carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment