Wednesday 28 March 2018

Space Hulk Blood Angel Terminator

As part of my painting meanderings, I decided to paint a Blood Angel terminator from the Space Hulk board game. I have yet to play the game, but my notion is that any miniature painted for the board game can be used in Warhammer 40,000 anyway. 


To that end, I will be basing these once I have done the lot. Having done a dry fit, I know that they will fit on 40mm terminator bases with a little minor surgery. I followed a handy painting tutorial from Warhammer TV for the power armour. 


The recess shading is something I am a big fan of. The rest of the miniature was painted using, with some minor adjustments, the older Blood Angel painting tutorial from Warhammer TV.


This YouTube channel is one of my absolute favourites, and I have added loads of handy tricks to my painting repertoire by just watching these videos. Most of the tutorials will teach you how to get the most out of a triad and wash combination, and the hosts are very good. So even if a video title isn't necessarily something you are interested in, go ahead and watch it any way, you might learn something useful.



I tried my hand at some freehand for the text on the scrolling, this marine is festooned with the word "IRA" Latin for wrath or anger. His greave scroll has "BAAL" on it, for the home planet of the Blood Angels, but I will likely need to fix this as I am not 100% happy with it at the moment. The surface isn't flat, so that complicates the freehand. I don't normally try and do freehand text, so this is new territory.


At the moment this terminator looks very bright, I think the addition of a base will really help tone it down by contrast. I'll be looking to do an industrial style basing with steel flooring of a sort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment