Thursday 14 August 2014

Death Comes to Cardiff, August 22nd 2014

It has certainly been a while since I last updated the blog. My Hobby Progress Challenge for 2014 lies in ruins. Well, actually I just failed my July target, and look set to fail August as well, largely because I have been spending my evenings enjoying the outdoors, and my weekends out and about. I love wargaming, but I appreciate a splendid British summer and will never let that go to waste.

That said, I haven't been entirely unproductive. The Dark Pact are getting together at Firestorm Games on the weekend of August the 22nd to play a bunch of 40k. I will be travelling with my Dark Angels who will bring the Emperor's Mercy to the vile Xenos hordes of Tyranids, Orks and perfidious Eldar. I haven't played since 3rd edition, so it promises to be a great learning experience as the Dark Pact gets to grips with 7th edition. In anticipation I have ordered the new rulebook from Dark Sphere, along with the tactical objectives cards. They should be here either tomorrow or Saturday, so I have a week to swot up and play a little solo before heading into the fray.

Realistically, the 40k weekend is going to be a learning exercise for us all, so the games will be played slowly and with a view to getting the rules right. Jim from the Whisper of Chaos blog is our Master of Ceremonies, given that he is perhaps the most current with the rules, and if I recall we shall be starting small and ramping up to a larger game as a finisher on Sunday. I hope to take many pictures, and accurately record the events, if I get anything good I might post it to the blog. However, there shall certainly be photos. 

Until then.

+ Loyalty & Honour +

No comments:

Post a Comment