Monday 25 August 2014

HPC 2014: July Challenge Finally Complete


As August draws to a close, I stumble across the finish line and declare my commitment for July complete. Rather than consider it an abject failure, I am going to focus on the positives. I finished another squad, and this means I can keep the project moving forward. My painting mojo has been a little lacklustre of late, and the weekend of gaming in Cardiff has rekindled it somewhat.


One of the reasons is that, having used the miniatures in an actual game, I have a better sense of what I want to do next, and what those elements I have can achieve in game. As such I feel a lot more positive going forward as I got some great feedback from the guys on the weekend as we figured what works and what doesn't.
 


One of the most apparent shortcoming of my army was the lack of a close combat unit to embed my Interrogator-Chaplain in. He is a decent close combat machine, but sadly I only had Tactical Squads to field him in, which meant his talents were being underused. My commitment for August is therefore going to be a Command squad, which I had planned to do anyway as a centrepiece for the Army. The commitment photo is below. 


+ LOYALTY & HONOUR +

No comments:

Post a Comment