Wednesday 11 July 2012

Pictures: Dark Age Village Folk

I finally found an opportunity to post a few pictures of my Dark Age village folk. These are Foundry figures from their Viking range, and by the style I would guess Copplestone sculpts. They are an absolute pleasure to paint and make a nice change from the usual armed bods. Enjoy...

Some rascally kids.

I really enjoyed painting the two women in this picture.

The middle figure is Brunnhild Ravenhair, the chieftain's daughter. She will make a good target for a woman snatching scenario. The rightmost is a hedgewitch character, who could be given some "magic" powers for a scenario to make things interesting.
 The really good thing about most of these figures is their wide range of usability. Although they are "Viking" folk they could easily stand in for most Dark Age or early Medieval civilians. I am a big fan of versatile miniatures that are at home in many different armies, places, or periods. I find that the Dark Age period is particularly good for reusability as Northern Europeans seem pretty generic in dress. Anyway, that is all for now. Hopefully I will get a chance to upload some pictures of my Romans in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment