Saturday 7 June 2014

All Quiet on the Painting Front

This week has been an unmitigated failure in terms of painting. I only managed to get the basecoats onto my Deathwing Terminators, but little else. This has been due to two factors, firstly, I have started a new job which has occupied my thoughts and my time. Secondly, I have been meeting with friends in the evening, friends who I have not seen for some time. So naturally there has been very little done with paint and brush, but hopefully over the weekend I'll be able to get some layers and highlights down and push the Deathwing forward to completion.

Whilst I haven't accomplished much in terms of concrete production, I have been reading my way through the excellent Black Powder ruleset from Warlord games. The tone and spirit of these rules makes me an immediate fan, and, as soon as I am equipped with enough battalions to throw lead at each other I shall be putting these rules to the test.

As it stand I have a battalion of Old Guard Grenadiers, Légère, and Ligne all done, or almost done. Another job for the weekend. They will need a commander of sorts, some cavalry and artillery of course, so I imagine I shall have to order some of those fantastic plastics from the Perry's soon and a few artillery pieces. I'll also need to start thinking about painting my Victrix Austrians soon too.

Well, the rain is falling outside my window, and I hear the faint whisper of the painting desk calling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment