Wednesday 4 April 2018

Genestealer Done, Getting Back To Painting


My wife and I returned from our Highland adventure on Monday. It was a colossal drive from Inverness to Oxford, consuming most of our day just sitting in the car. Hardly how one chooses to spend a bank holiday, but frankly Scotland is worth it. While the West was celebrating Easter last Sunday, we were only on Palm Sunday, so this coming Sunday is our Pascha (Easter) and I cannot wait! It probably trumps Christmas as our family's biggest celebration of the year.

In the meantime, in the dark depths of the underhive, another wretched forerunner of Hive Fleet Leviathan stirs. I managed to knock out the genestealer below in a single evening, and I rather enjoyed it. I didn't spend an inordinate amount of time on this monster, but the results are pleasing. Sorry for the poor pictures, I just grabbed these on my camera when it was done. 




For my painting recipe I followed some of the YouTube videos from Warhammer TV, again, I cannot emphasise enough what a great resource that channel has been.

I've moved on to some other miniatures now, a couple of English Civil War test figures, a fighting Greek Priest from the Greek War of Independence, and the Primaris Ultramarines are on the table. I've recaptured my painting mojo recently, and am really enjoying being back, brush in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment