Tuesday 11 December 2012

Lack of Impetus and sources of Inspiration

Those more observant readers will have noticed that I haven't posted for a while now. I could quote my jobs as being the cause of this absence, but the reality is simply that I have been incredibly busy "living". In the few months whilst grinding away at my two jobs, I have also been nurturing a busy social life, meaning that I seldom have a night off, and when I do, it is usually spent ironing or washing dishes or performing other mundane tasks more suited to robots.

In any event, I have been keeping my ears open as I am elbow deep in suds scrubbing the dishes and the recently my favourite company in my labours has been the Independent Characters podcast. The last three episodes, 65-67, have been particular favourites, and I find that the more I listen to the chaps chatting away, the more I come to like them. I suppose it stems from the fact we share a love of a cinematic style of wargaming, dominated by a strong narrative. Episode 61 on The Mestre Incursion really brought this home to me, and I applaud their efforts to create what in my mind is the ultimate style of campaign.

If you haven't listened to the podcast, please do. I know some British listeners might find the American accents of the hosts grating, but I assure you, the ear adjusts very quickly, and this really is a podcast worth listening to.

That's all for now, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment