Tuesday 19 January 2016

Arrival: Some Heresy Toys

This evening the UPS man surprised me at around 18:00 with a box full of Forgeworld goodies. Pride of place goes to this gorgeous tome that weighs a tonne and is more beautiful in person than I could possibly have imagined. It is, simply put, a piece of art, and worth every penny in my opinion. I haven't even read it yet, so I am talking about it purely as an object at this stage.


Also in the box was a whole bunch of accessory pieces, such as shoulder pads, torsos, heads, bolters, weapon packs, and command upgrades. Alongside these bits and pieces were my captain and standard bearer, and five Mk II marines. 


In the next few days I will get on with washing these so that they are ready to be used as I build my forces up. In many ways this is a milestone for my Horus Heresy Ultramarines as I can know write up a list and paint to that rather than sort of aim for something without a sense of cohesion as a whole force. I am rather excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment